Hi All and here we go with another newsletter, unbelievable that we have nearly finished the first month of our new bowls season.
- A very successful opening day with 42 in the field.
- Last week we had a very enjoyable tournament sponsored by Quality Print. We thank them very much for their sponsorship and please support them in any way you can.
- Also please support all upcoming tournaments as these days are important to us.
Unfortunately we have had to postpone our first Fun Friday of Bowls, we apologize for this but the club house has been double booked, this will now start on Friday 14th Oct at 5-5.30. We hope to see as many as possible there, the first night being a pizza night. For those wishing to order please bring cash or use cash out option from the bar, they will be ordered and delivered to the club.
Yes we are getting a pool table and dart board for the club, these will be located down on the dance floor area.
Is there anyone prepared to put up their hand to tutor, we are looking for helpers with both new and old bowlers ( ones like me) if you feel so inclined can you please contact Liz Witton 02040020499 or myself.
We will be starting bowls on the grass green on the 11th October by which time we hope the B green new carpet should have been started on the 10th October.
Since my last newsletter we have had 10 new members join the club. So a warm welcome to Francie Light, Janet Simmons, Mat Sandford, Lyn Peters, Erna and Robert Brown, Daryl Cash, Anna Brabyn, Brett and Muriel Little. A warm welcome to you all.
To all our new members this year I would like to invite you to a light morning tea at the club rooms on Saturday 15th at 10.30, this is to welcome you to our club and to get to know one another.
- Fun Friday 14th October 5-5.30 start and running until Friday 2nd
- Give it a go coaching with Liz Thurs 13th Oct at 10.00am , please put names on the notice board if you are interested so we have an idea of numbers. This will run until 10th
- Sunday 16th Oct Progressive 2 bowls triples, please enter names on sheet on notice board.
- Sat 29th and Sun 30th October we are hosting a 4 Person Classic tournament which is already full. Those not playing come down and watch some great bowls in action. Kirste will be requiring helpers in the kitchen for morning and afternoon duties both days, plus volunteers to make scones, please let her know how you can assist.
Colin Light for taking the old steps and dirt away.
Wed guys for the new front steps, the new sun shades currently in process, the maintenance painting, and the water blasting of the pathways.
Thanks to Urshla for the scones that are divine, funny though we seem to be having more people turning up on the days you bring them.
A special thankyou to Barrie Gilbert for turning up every week to mow the lawns and various jobs around the club.
Yours in bowling
Stan Club Captain
Skip “ How many 2nds have I?” “New bowler “Take as long as you like”